———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Type here ^
This is a connection to the #blender channel on Freenode IRC!
Here you can chat to many other blender users.
If you want to do more than pop a question or two, consider downloading an IRC client to chat more often.
How to use IRC
It’s simple really, just a few basic things to remember.
- Join with whatever Nickname you like. If it’s already taken by someone else on the freenode network (not just in #blender) it will be changed automatically for you. To change it yourself, type “/nick username”. If you become a regular in IRC you may want to register your nick so that no one can steal it.
- You can send messages to the channel (i.e. chat room) just by typing it in and hitting enter.
- to show ” *yourname slaps everyone” simply type “/me slaps everyone”
- to send a personal message to someone, type in “/query username”, then a tab will open where you can talk to them privately
- to join another channel, type “/join channelname” including the hash (e.g. “/join #blenderchat”)
- to quit, simply close the window or type “/quit”
Other channels of interest:
#blender – this channel! (just in case you forgot)
#blenderchat – for all the off-topic unrestrained garbage that blenderers tend to want to say.
#blendercoders – where all the developers of Blender congregate and coordinate. They’d prefer it if you keep the chatter to a minimum while they get on with business.
#cycles – channel for the new Cycles renderer being developed by Brecht.
#smc – for all the speed modeling people who like to compete every now and then.
#blendernerd – where you can chat to us.
#blendSA – a channel just for South African blenderers! (there are so few of us, I thought it would be nice a little channel of our own :) feel free to start a channel for your own country if you wish so you can easily coordinate meet-ups etc)